Starting April 21, 2015, Google will be expanding their use of “mobile-friendliness” as a ranking signal. This, they say, “will have a significant impact on our search results.”
Mobile activity on social media has grown by 55% over the past year. More than half of digital traffic online now comes from mobile devices and through mobile apps.
Pick up your smartphone and go to your website. Ask yourself these questions:
• Does it load in less than three seconds?
• Does it draw your eye to your key selling points or message?
• Is the content easy to read?
• Is it easy to navigate?
• Is it easy to recognize and activate the call to action?
• Does it provide a good user experience?
• Is it a website you would spend time if it was not your own? […]